how to deploye MFC application RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I have developed an application in mfc in Visual Studio 2005.I want to make its Setup file with all dependency.
    For that i have used window installer provided in vs2005.But setup file doesnt run on the other computer.

Please tell me the process to make Setup of the MFC application using VS2005.

Thank you.

Brajesh Kumar.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Brajesh,

What do you mean by "it doesn't run?"  Does it give an error message?  If so, what does it say?

What are the steps you followed to make the Windows Installer package?

You should be able to create a working windows installer package using a Setup and Deployment project in Visual Studio, but if it's not working for you, you need to give us more information about what you are doing and how it fails if we are to have any hope of helping you.

Also, please note that Setup and Deployment projects are not available in the Express edition of Visual C++.  If you are not using the Express edition, you should post in the "Visual C++ General" forum instead -- you'll get better help there, since more people who use this feature would read that board.

Thanks,
    Nick

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Brajesh,

What do you mean by "it doesn't run?"  Does it give an error message?  If so, what does it say?

What are the steps you followed to make the Windows Installer package?

You should be able to create a working windows installer package using a Setup and Deployment project in Visual Studio, but if it's not working for you, you need to give us more information about what you are doing and how it fails if we are to have any hope of helping you.

Also, please note that Setup and Deployment projects are not available in the Express edition of Visual C++.  If you are not using the Express edition, you should post in the "Visual C++ General" forum instead -- you'll get better help there, since more people who use this feature would read that board.

Thanks,
    Nick

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Hello

Re: how to deploy MFC application

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you don’t have a solution, then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Hi Rajesh,

I think, you have to install VC++ Runtime Redistribution Kit on the client machine.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 11:37 AM