none
AI get telemetry from SAP application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

do you know if AI can receive telemetry from SAP application?

I need to rebuild en entire transaction between multiple systems (.net, sap java,...) by using operation id. I did it for .net and java applications but I don't know how to instrument sap application.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Daniele

• Edited by daninas Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:53 PM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:22 AM

All replies

• We are working to provide a more detailed answer here and will update the thread as soon as we have an answer.  To answer your first question: Yes.  Microsoft is using Application Insights for SAP.

https://www.microsoft.com/itshowcase/blog/microsoft-internal-sap-workload-gets-a-telemetry-boost-with-azure/

“We built a small custom application using a few Azure tools,” Stern says. “That allowed us to convert our application and business process telemetry events from SAP into common schema—this allowed us to stitch our transactions together so we could get the end-to-end view we were looking for.”

The team then ingested all the SAP data into its Application Insights instance and fed that into an Azure Data Lake for cold storage and Power BI reporting.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:20 AM
  • Thank you for the answer. I've appreciated it, I think this is very interesting. The customer where I'm working has a lot of SAP systems to be instrumented to rebuild the distributed trace, so I'll wait the updates.

Daniele

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:08 AM