none
.net 4 with async targeting pack - debugging appears badly broken in VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• In an async method I'm unable to see any local variables.  The call stack shows MyApplication.exe!<Unknown function>.  When I select Debug -> Windows -> Tasks, Visual Studio crashes with an Access Violation exception.

• Edited by _JamesL_ Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:45 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi _JamesL_,

In an async method I'm unable to see any local variables.  

I have met the similar issue that we couldn’t see the local variables in local/watch window, as far as I know, the settings under TOOLS->Options->Debugging-> “Use Managed Compatibility Mode” would impact it, if possible, you could enable/disable it, check it again.

If still no help, would you mind sharing me a simple sample? I will debug this app in my side with same Environment.

Please attach your Visual Studio project, you can upload it to the sky drive, and then share the download link in your post. Please also attach a screenshot image in your post.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi _JamesL_,

In an async method I'm unable to see any local variables.  

I have met the similar issue that we couldn’t see the local variables in local/watch window, as far as I know, the settings under TOOLS->Options->Debugging-> “Use Managed Compatibility Mode” would impact it, if possible, you could enable/disable it, check it again.

If still no help, would you mind sharing me a simple sample? I will debug this app in my side with same Environment.

Please attach your Visual Studio project, you can upload it to the sky drive, and then share the download link in your post. Please also attach a screenshot image in your post.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Hi _JamesL_,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:35 AM