none
Add ReportViewer Version 9 to GAC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use VS2010 as my development tool, and I recently installed a VS2010 on another computer and pulled down the projects I am working on from TFS server, now I am experiencing the build error stating "Could not load the file or ssembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A' or one of its dependencies. The system can't find file specified." This is where the configuration file specified as:

<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

I checked the GAC directory, I see the report viewer version 8, 10 and 11 but just missing 9, not sure why. I checked the old computer, the version 9 is there. As I don't want to change the code to a new reference, so how can I add the report viewer version 9 to GAC so my project can reference the assembly? 

I download the ReportViewer.exe into downloads folder and ran it, then I don't see any of the .dll files populated or deployed to the GAC. It says installation successfully, but not sure where it is installed. Should I save it in some specific folder to ran in order to installed into GAC?

Please help,

Thanks,

Tim

Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:00 PM

All replies

• I have the exact same problem. Someone's legacy program used Reportviewer 9.0.0.0. There is no way for me to re-create the reports in the field. Installing the redistributable reportviewer 2008 DOES NOT WORK. It does not show up in the assemblys to include with my project. Every web search leads me back to installing the redistributable that does not work.

8.0.0.0 errors at run time when I try to open a 9.0.0.0 report.

Edit: I found the 9.0 dll files in an old program and  referenced those. That seems to work. As far as I could tell, the reportviewer redistributable 2008 didn't even create these .dll files.
    Monday, November 6, 2017 2:46 PM