XSLT Transform & Runtime Arguments

Question

• I have a Windows desktop (C#) app that I am porting to a Windows Store (C#) app. The app uses XML and HTML files, style sheets and scripts extensively and is mostly working within my Windows store version.  In the desktop version XslCompiledTransform and XsltArgumentList were used during the XSLT transformation that allowed additional runtime parameters (instructions) to be added for the transformation.  What is the equivalent method for adding additional runtime parameters (instructions) when using Windows.Data.Xml.Xsl.XsltProcessor()?

Thanks, swMercenary.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:28 AM

All replies

• I need to ask:  is this an LOB app or a Store-submitted app? 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Its undecided how the app will be distributed yet however the LOB paradigm describes our situation the best.  You could assume LOB but if the answer differs from a Store-submitted please note it.  In addition, I'm using VS2013 RC2 and am targeting Windows 8.1(+).  Currently all of our data files are managed in a subfolder of Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:59 PM
  • Does a reference to LOB = no reply/support?
    Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:22 PM
  • No... I work on a lot of posts and have other stuff to do as well, so it's possible that I lose track of any given post.

Not being an XML expert, and not seeing that what you want to do is available, I think this is a good option for you:

You can use non-WinRT APIs in an LOB app via brokered components in Windows 8.1. See this blog post for more details:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2014/04/14/cheat-sheet-for-using-brokered-windows-runtime-components-for-side-loaded-windows-store-apps.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, May 09, 2014 5:09 PM
  • I should really remember that you all work on lots of stuff as well.  I've been reading up on the Brokered Windows Runtime Components articles over the couple of weeks and it certainly looks promising (although requiring a bunch of extra work and hoops to jump through).  Given that we cannot commit to a side-loaded only app I have to put this option on the back burner.  Its most likely that we would support both a Store release a side-loading.  I guess its back to old-school text parsing/inserting the additional runtime parameters (instructions) we need to support - bummer.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:15 AM