How to implement Input Mode Editor for individual Text boxes in Windows Store Apps 8.1 using C# and XAML.

Question

• Hi

ms-ime-mode property is available in windows store app using html/js but what is its alternative in x#/xaml.

System.Windows.Forms is not available in Windows Store App so we cant use inputmethod or ime property directly.

Is there any other way to specify ime mode for text box in windows store app.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:35 AM

Answers

• You can provide hints to the IME about the sort of input a TextBox is designed for by setting the InputScope property. I'm not familiar enough with the HTML properties on this to know how closely they map. The implementation is different, but the overall goals seem compatible.

--Rob

Thursday, May 08, 2014 4:31 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I'll ask our IME expert to check out this post.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:19 PM
  • You can provide hints to the IME about the sort of input a TextBox is designed for by setting the InputScope property. I'm not familiar enough with the HTML properties on this to know how closely they map. The implementation is different, but the overall goals seem compatible.

--Rob

Thursday, May 08, 2014 4:31 AM
    Owner