Flyout is not displaying content

Question

• Hi,

I want to display text on settings flyout.here is my code

default.js

function gotoQuickView() {
            // need to ensure that settingFlyoutId in the quickview.html page 
            // is same as the first parameter below
            WinJS.UI.SettingsFlyout.showSettings('quickview', 'quickview.html');
            }

my quickview.html

<div id="flyDiv" data-win-control="WinJS.UI.SettingsFlyout" data-win-options="{settingsCommandId:'detail' }">
                <p id="txt">dasd adasdas asdajdwd dwaead dsadaeff fewffsfd</p>
            </div>

in this case flyout will appear but is is empty.not containing tags that in quickview.html.Why?

help me

• Edited by PrabathM Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:34 AM

Answers

• I just tried your example and the text was included in the flyout, but it was white text on a white background so it was not visible. Try adding some CSS to make the text in <p> element in quickview.html a different color.

<p id="txt" style="color: black;">dasd adasdas asdajdwd dwaead dsadaeff fewffsfd</p>

Also, for your example to work I needed to change the id on the SettingsFlyout from 'flyDiv' to 'quickview'.

I hope that helps,

Joel

• Marked as answer by PrabathM Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:28 PM

All replies

• I just tried your example and the text was included in the flyout, but it was white text on a white background so it was not visible. Try adding some CSS to make the text in <p> element in quickview.html a different color.

<p id="txt" style="color: black;">dasd adasdas asdajdwd dwaead dsadaeff fewffsfd</p>

Also, for your example to work I needed to change the id on the SettingsFlyout from 'flyDiv' to 'quickview'.

I hope that helps,

Joel

• Marked as answer by PrabathM Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Thanks,

It works just add color for text

Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:03 AM