How can i improve speed of MDS application ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• My cleint is complaining that the UI is very slow. The database behind it is very small only and i dont see what can be done. Please suggest.
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Swapna,

According to your description, you are experiencing the performance issue when using Master Data Services, right?

Adding an index on an MDS member table could significantly improve the performance of entity member lookup by non-domain attributes with large numbers of entity members. So in your scenario, you can add a n index on your MDX member, please refer to the link below to see the details.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/10450.improving-master-data-services-performance-by-indexing-non-domain-attributes.aspx

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 4, 2015 2:52 AM
  • Swapna,

Could you give more information about which UI (WebUI or Excel UI) on which scenario is slow?

Monday, May 4, 2015 6:19 PM
  • its the WebUI of MDS that is very slow. It take long time even to load the home page. Also when we navigate to Explorer or click any entities it take long to load. Even while searching for a member on the entity page also is very slow.
    Friday, May 8, 2015 6:21 PM
  • I have implemented this.. I now have indexes on the entities. The search is a little better now. But still, the home page also takes long time to load.
    Friday, May 8, 2015 6:22 PM