How to pass Null Multiparameter value to subreport? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SSRS 2008 R2 and am trying to pass an "-All-"/Null multiparameter from parent to subreport.  How do I do this?  The parent links to child report by way of a chart, defined by an Action URL javascript:

="javascript:void(window.open('http://evolvssrs/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fIncoming%2fCensus+Report+Facility+subreport&rs:Command=Render&rc:Parameters=true&StartDate=" 
    & Parameters!StartDate.Value & "&EndDate=" & Parameters!EndDate.Value & "&Facility=" & Fields!group_profile_id.Value &
    "&Region=" & Replace(Parameters!Region.Value,"&","' + escape('&') + '") & "&State=" & Parameters!State.Value & "&Program=" & Parameters!Program.Value(0) & "&ManagingOffice=" 
    & Parameters!ManagingOffice.Value & "&Unit=" & Parameters!Unit.Value & "&Plan=" & Parameters!Plan.Value(0) & "&Modifier=" & Parameters!Modifier.Value(0) 
    & "&Status=" & Parameters!Status.Value(0) & "&ChartType=" & Parameters!Status.Value(0) & "','_blank'))"

Currently when I click on this chart it pops up a new window which looks like:

So only some of these parameters populate in the subreport.  in this subreport, the following parameters are multi-select: State, Program, Unit, Plan, Modifier, Status.  All of the others allow Null values. 

(The chart in the parent report plots field values group_profile_id vs. facility LOS).  It is when I click one of these bars that this subreport pops up.

Ryan D

• Edited by ironryan77 Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Ryan,

Based on my test, there are two scenarios like below can cause this issue:

• If the value pass to subreport is not included in the parameter available values, we will get empty text box in the multiple parameter, and <Select a Value> in the signal parameter.
    • If we pass blank value to subreport as the parameter, we can still get empty text box.

So we can try to look at the URL of subreport in Report Server or Report Manager to double-check whether parent report had passed values.

The following screenshot is for your reference:

If there are any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:36 AM