Device Provisioning - Adding an X509 Enrollment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to add an individual enrollment to a device provisioning service. For this, I've created a self-signed certificate in Windows using the following command in a powershell:

New-SelfSignedCertificate -KeyUsageProperty All -CertStoreLocation "Cert:\CurrentUser\My" -Subject "CN=Test"

Then I exported the certificate from the store as a base64-encoded file and tried to add it to azure. When I do this, I get the following error:

{"errorCode":400004,"trackingId":"ac8f73b6-1b3a-4cca-920c-1b9f8ac1d3f2","message":"Invalid RegistrationId","timestampUtc":"2017-11-02T10:35:13.1597824...

As registration ids are not even part of the x509-standard, I do not see my error. Please help me.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi, Lukas_H

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay for this complex issue. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:57 AM