none
Application console not available

Question

• Hello , i recently started Microsoft Virtual Academy for the c# courses and realized mu virtual studio community had no application console  what should i do can i download the template separately? 
    Monday, May 02, 2016 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can download Visual Studio Community at https://www.visualstudio.com/.

Just make sure that th license agreement fits (something like free for personal use. Free for educational purpose (or open source development?), companies are limited. They can use the software when they have less than 250 employees and a maximum of 5 users are using Visual Studio Express.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, May 02, 2016 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you installed Visual Studio Community or did you install Visual Studio Express?

Visual Studio Community should have the Console Application (e.g. Visual C# / Windows / Console Application) template. It is integrated in the installation so there is no extra download for this template.

If you installed an express version instead of the community version then you might have installed a version that does not have this console application (There are 3 different Express versions available for different targets. Windows Desktop is required to build od fashioned console applications).

Maybe you can give more details what you installed and what you try to do.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, May 02, 2016 10:52 AM
  • thank you for you reply i have downloaded Microsoft blend for virtual studios is the right ide fro C# if not can you please provide me with the correct  application link. 
    Monday, May 02, 2016 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

you can download Visual Studio Community at https://www.visualstudio.com/.

Just make sure that th license agreement fits (something like free for personal use. Free for educational purpose (or open source development?), companies are limited. They can use the software when they have less than 250 employees and a maximum of 5 users are using Visual Studio Express.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, May 02, 2016 11:17 AM
  • Hi Slaiby Mallah,

Please follow the Konrad's suggestion to install the VS2015 Community. It's a free version of Visual Studio. Then you will find the Console Application project template.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:07 AM
  • Any update?

Have you now found the C# Console template using VS2015 Community? If your problem was solved, please mark the relpy which is helpful as answer.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, May 05, 2016 8:15 AM