DataForm WebPart based on View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a dataform wepart in Designer 2007 that is based on a List View which then provides a further filtering based on a URL parameter.  I am able to successfully filter the results based on the URL parameter but am unable to associate a view to the list.  I would imagine this would be pretty simple but can't seem to see where you can set a list's view.  I simply highlighted the web part zone and then selected Insert > SharePoint Controls > Web Part and then added the list and then converted to an XSLT web part to filter by parameters.  The reason I need to incorporate the list as opposed to doing extra filtering is because I want to associate this CAML query that I already have within the view...

"<Query><Where><Contains><FieldRef Name=\"AssignedTo\" />" +
          "<Value Type=\"User\">" + displayName + "</Value>" +
          "</Contains></Where></Query>"

If I can achieve this same thing in the filter then that will work as well however that looks unlikely.  How can I provide the extra filtering by adding the list?  

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:04 PM SPD questions except wf go to customization (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:11 PM

Answers

• Resolved.  This is what I did in case anyone is wondering...

Through the SharePoint UI do the following...

Insert a new web part by selecting the list you need

Associate the view to the list.  The view includes the filter by group portion (see query in opening message on thread)

Add a Query String (URL) Filter Web Part and specify the URL parameter information

Connect the Query String (URL) Filter Web Part to the List Web Part.

• Marked as answer by Kuruption213 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:48 PM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:15 PM New question removed. You already closed this thread. Please post the new question in a new thread.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:48 PM