none
Word Document Merge with Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• While merging two word documents, I would like to provide the user the Word prompt with the option to select the original document's format or revised document's format.  Would like to know the exact scenario(s) where the prompt will be displayed. I am writing code in C#.

Monday, April 9, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi VSTO Keen,

Welcome!

I'm moving the thread to word for developers forum for better support. Here you can contact more experts on Word development.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:04 AM
  • Hi VSTO Keen,

What do you mean about the "Word prompt "? Could you give us some screenshots? How about using the FileDialog control to pick the word documents in your C# project?

I will do further research with your detailed information.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:22 AM
  • I want to display a custom prompt instead of the above default word prompt. So  I would like to know the exact scenario(s) where the prompt will be displayed.

I am currently using the below code for merging documents in c#.net

DocumentContext.WordApplication.MergeDocuments(DocumentContext.WordApplication.ActiveDocument, wdDoc, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdCompareDestination.wdCompareDestinationOriginal, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdGranularity.wdGranularityCharLevel, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, string.Empty, string.Empty, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdMergeFormatFrom.wdMergeFormatFromRevised);

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Any updates on the above issue?
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:13 AM