Best way to set layout for desktop and mobile vision RRS feed

• Question

• User1231912896 posted

Hi all,
    as in the post title, I would like to know which is the best way to set a layout that is right both for desktop and mobile?

For example: I need to use an "if" condition to check if the users are using a desktop or mobile browser, and then setting a different layout?  Or there is some some specifics of bootstrap to do it?

Now, I'm using blazorise to set my layout, and I set my grid using the <row> and <column> specifics, with the right size. But, If in the mobile layout I would split some column, in order to add a new row, how do I do it?

Thanks for every kind of help. 

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 3:32 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

igorbaldacci

For example: I need to use an "if" condition to check if the users are using a desktop or mobile browser, and then setting a different layout?  Or there is some some specifics of bootstrap to do it?

No.  In responsive web applications the screen width drives the layout which happens in the browser using media queries.  You'll need to read the responsive framework documentation you are using to learn the framework fundamentals and design the markup.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2021 4:23 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

igorbaldacci

No.  In responsive web applications the screen width drives the layout which happens in the browser using media queries.  You'll need to read the responsive framework documentation you are using to learn the framework fundamentals and design the markup.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2021 4:23 PM
  • User1231912896 posted

Thank you.

Igor

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:55 PM