ASPNETDB.MDF not compatible with the current instance of SQL Server. RRS feed

• Question

• User-428476606 posted

I have installed v2012. I have already created application to check profile in studio 2010.

But now i am not able to open ASPNETDB.mdf file. Please help me

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:24 AM

All replies

• User-492460945 posted

can you post the error details..?

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:34 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Double check your SQL version (SELECT @@version). Assuming the message subject is the error message you get it seems you try to use a MDF file that uses the format of a previous SQL Server version wiht a later version.

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:37 AM
  • User-428476606 posted

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Sunday, March 9, 2014 5:28 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Pinkesh

Thanks for your feedback.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

According to the error message above,

first make sure your database engine is configured to accept remote connections

• Start > All Programs > SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Surface Area Configuration • Click on Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections • Select the instance that is having a problem > Database Engine > Remote Connections • Enable local and remote connections • Restart instance

If it still has same issue, please look into the advanced option in the discussion below.

For further information: Connect to Server :A network-related or instance-specific error

Best regards

Angie Xu

Friday, March 14, 2014 4:05 AM
  • User-428476606 posted

Sir I am using SQL server 2008.

Let me tell you what i did. I made application in studio 2010 and using database ASPNETSB. After i have installed studio 2012. How ever i have updated my ASPNETDB database.

Now whenever i am seting profile property i am facing error A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

i have changed my connection string also

<add name="aspnetdb" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True"
       providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />.

Please help me...

Friday, March 21, 2014 11:00 AM
  • User753101303 posted

What if you revert back to your previous connection string ? "LocalDB" is a SQL Server 2012 level product. So for now I would say that you basically try to open a SQL Server 2008 database file with a SQL Server 2012 engine and that it fails because of that.

Friday, March 21, 2014 11:25 AM