none
RDP error on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try accessing a remote desktop through an RDP from my PC that runs on Windows 10 pro,I get a pdh.dll error:c:\windows\system32\pdh.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program using the original installation media or call your System administrator or the software vendor for support-0xc0000006?
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 5:35 AM

All replies

• A bit of searching makes me believe that is a really ancient DLL specific to interfacing with performance counters and no longer part of the OS.

I am surprised that you are getting it when access the desktop over RDP.  Now, I could see an installed app toss this error...

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Monday, August 7, 2017 4:52 PM
  • To do this, follow these steps: 
    1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    Friday, May 15, 2020 12:22 PM