Envelop Debatching in BizTalk Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Pls advise when we do envelope debatching on xml received from receive port which is mapped to SQL stored procedure using SQL Adapter.

I debatch the xml's from one big xml and send to SAP port on same orchestration.

So after debatching will a new instance of Orchestration is initiated.

Beacuse problem i am facing is suppose after debatching two xml's are send to SAP port and one of them have some invalid data which SAP gives port error..it means i see error in event log with description and other xml is successfully transported to SAP but in response SAP don't give any xml ..and i see suspended messages in biztalk admin console which i see both request xml's.

Pls advise

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers

• Sandeep,

BizTalk as 2 types of batch/interchange processing:

- Standard: when one message of the batch fails the whole batch is move to the suspended message queue.

- Recoverable: only failed messages are moved to the suspende queue, successful message continue to be processed

You can set this property on the dissassembler:

Additionaly you can enable failed message routing ("Generate error report for failed messages"). You can then suscribe to this error reports to act on the failed instance in an automated way.

If this post answers your quenstion, please mark it as such. If this post is helpful, click 'Vote as helpful'.
    • Proposed as answer by Peter Borremans Monday, January 23, 2012 6:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:04 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:24 AM

All replies

• Sandeep,

Can you give some more detail? Your quentions is not clear to me...

If this post answers your quenstion, please mark it as such. If this post is helpful, click 'Vote as helpful'.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 9:30 AM
  • There is option to continue processing of good messages within a batch and you can route the error message to error port.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:11 AM
  • you can find details in below link regarding using recoverable interchange for debatching in pipeline.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa546772(BTS.20).aspx

Monday, January 23, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Sandeep,

BizTalk as 2 types of batch/interchange processing:

- Standard: when one message of the batch fails the whole batch is move to the suspended message queue.

- Recoverable: only failed messages are moved to the suspende queue, successful message continue to be processed

You can set this property on the dissassembler:

Additionaly you can enable failed message routing ("Generate error report for failed messages"). You can then suscribe to this error reports to act on the failed instance in an automated way.

• Proposed as answer by Peter Borremans Monday, January 23, 2012 6:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:04 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Hi All,

many thanks for your advise..

I will try in dev server to see if by setting property in pipeline will resolve my issue.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Monday, January 23, 2012 5:27 PM