Access 2007, Combo Box Losses Color RRS feed

• Question

• In Access 2007 my combo box is losing its background color when clicked. It is a combo box in a form, which is connect to an append and delete querry inorder to add information to the database. What happens is when the form is brought up all text boxes and combo boxes have a blue background color. But when i click on this combo box (center ID) it goes white and stays white even after i input a number. All the other combo boxes and text boxes in the form have the blue background color thoughout the completion of the form. But once clicked on or tabbed through this box loses its color.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:03 PM

Answers

• Yes I am making it in Access itself.

I went ahead and deleted the combo box and then made a new one by using the add an existing field option. This got rid of the problem for that combo box but then one of the other combo boxes in my form started have the same problem of losing the background color. Therefore I deleted all of my combo boxes in the form and replaced them with the existing field option and it seemed to correct the problem for now as they all are keeping thier background color now.

Thank you for the help.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Monday, June 13, 2011 6:07 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:14 PM

All replies

• Does it happen only when you change value in Combobox and does it happen for this[Center ID] combo box only?

Check the property of combo box, as the default background for combo isn't blue. 

Kindly post your code.

Amit Govil (amit.govil@hotmail.com)
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:09 AM
  • Govil_MCTS

The properties have ht eblue color as the background, and are the same as the other boxes in the form, and this problem only occurs in this box. When you bring up the form, it is used to add new records, so all the fields are blank. But as soon as you click on this field (Claim_Office) or tab over it, it loses the blue background color and turns to white. All the other comno boxes and text fields keep the blue background color throughout.

I dont have any actual vb code running in this form.

For the button i used macros- appened, append, delete.

The combo box row source is- SELECT Claim_Office.Claim_Office
    FROM Claim_Office; The control source being claimoffice.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Are you making forms in Access itself?

I just tried what you did and it works fine with me. What you can do is re-add that particular combo box to access form and again set its properties.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Yes I am making it in Access itself.

I went ahead and deleted the combo box and then made a new one by using the add an existing field option. This got rid of the problem for that combo box but then one of the other combo boxes in my form started have the same problem of losing the background color. Therefore I deleted all of my combo boxes in the form and replaced them with the existing field option and it seemed to correct the problem for now as they all are keeping thier background color now.

Thank you for the help.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Monday, June 13, 2011 6:07 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Glad that worked!

Well, it happens when we drag drop the fields. As each one is interlinked with same table or query and if we didn't add it sequentially, it may give undesired output...it could be any reason.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:28 PM