none
How to cancel "Jump to report" dynamically? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a self-referencing report drills through a hierarchy of data.  The Hyperlink action: Jump to report is set to itself so that the click throughs recursively navigate the data.  Everything works fine until I get to the bottom level. 

Does anyone know of a setting to turn off the click through in the report?  I want to put a test on the click through that disables the hyperlink if no more data is below it.  

The obvious construct is LocalReport.EnableHyperlinks but that seems to be for something else entirely.

Thanks for your time,

-Chaz

Monday, June 4, 2007 4:26 PM

Answers

• The winning solution!  Provided by Seraph_78 on another thread.  I'm placing it here for posterity.

Seraph_78 wrote:

In your report on the text box properties dialog box with the Navigation tab selected and the Jump to report radio box selected use an expression like follows:

=IIf(drilldownReportHasData = true, "MyDrilldownReport", Nothing)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:57 PM

All replies

• I did some searching and found Lionel Orellana was able to solve this with a hack:   Does anybod know if there is a formal way to accomplish this?

Lionel Orellana wrote:

In case someone is insterested, I managed to do this by having two text boxes superimposed. One shows simple text, the other one is formatted as a hyperlink and I set the visibility accordingly.

A little catch: the Expresssion for the visibility of the textboxes is actually used to hide the textbox, not to show it.

Cheers

Monday, June 4, 2007 7:37 PM
  • The winning solution!  Provided by Seraph_78 on another thread.  I'm placing it here for posterity.

Seraph_78 wrote:

In your report on the text box properties dialog box with the Navigation tab selected and the Jump to report radio box selected use an expression like follows:

=IIf(drilldownReportHasData = true, "MyDrilldownReport", Nothing)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:57 PM