none
"the macro cannot be found or has been disabled" error on Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• In word 2013 (installed as part of Professional Plus)  am getting the error "The Macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security setting"s. I have already set the Macro security to "enable all macros". I have found that a particular ".DOTM" file configured as an add-in causes this issue, when I click on the menu item I get the error, however, if I ignore the error and proceed the add-in works fine. SO I wanted to find out how best to troubleshoot this, is there something wrong with the add-in , and if so how can I fix it. This add-in worked fine on Office 2003 , please help.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:23 AM

All replies

• Who created this template with the macro? You really should contact the source, first, unless you're conversant with the code so that you can provide us with the necessary information.

We need to know what this macro does and to what it's connected (keyboard shortcuts, toolbars, etc.) What event causes the error message? What code should be run that cannot, due to the error?

Right off hand, the error means that Word can't find a macro that's linked to something that's been triggered, but a lot of detective work will be involved in figuring out what has "broken".

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:51 PM