How to use the some MVC masterpage to a webform. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1651858287 posted

I started a MVC project now a want to add a webform to it.

I also want to keep the same MVC masterpage as the webform masterpage.

thanks.

Friday, April 10, 2020 7:57 AM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

There really is no sharing of master pages and layouts. If you make all the html dynamic, you can share a common function call. as web forms is not supported in future versions of asp,net, not sure why you would add to a mvc project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2020 3:36 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Depends but a trick such as using frames or iframes will keep causing issues along the way. My personal preference would be likely to extract and share anything I can but technically to still have each UI framework using its own "master page".

Edit: BTW I would do that to go from Web Forms to MVC but adding web forms to a project not using them yet doesn't seems a good idea. Do you really neeed a web form ???

Friday, April 10, 2020 12:35 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

There really is no sharing of master pages and layouts. If you make all the html dynamic, you can share a common function call. as web forms is not supported in future versions of asp,net, not sure why you would add to a mvc project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2020 3:36 PM
  • User-1651858287 posted

I am more familiar with web forms I was hoping to use this project to learn MVC.

I have a table with too many columns and could not think of an elegant interface

I have experience dealing with it in webforms. 

But from your answer, I will bite the bullet and continue trying MVC

thanks

Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:42 AM