none
Accesing WCF service - multiple calls to the wcf service with different parameters on application load RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi,

I wanted a opinion on degin of the architechure of the application , where in on page loag i want to call webservice same methods multiple times with differnt data parameters.

An good example would be if i have multiple tenants which access the same webservice (WCF) to get data on the load of a single application.

This data is a comparatively huge data.

My tenant is a Silverlight app and and the tenant nos will range from 3 to 10 at a time.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Saket

Thanks and Regards, Saket Kadam

Friday, March 8, 2013 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Saket,

Make a layer between WCF Service layer and your presentation layer and then put the caching logic in there so you won't have to call wcf service multiple times.

Thanks,

BR,

JollyWagoner

Friday, March 8, 2013 3:31 PM
  • On 3/8/2013 7:00 AM, Saket Subhash Kadam wrote:

hi,

I wanted a opinion on degin of the architechure of the application , where in on page loag i want to call webservice same methods multiple times with differnt data parameters.

Are you talking about calling a method that has multiple signatures? Or are you talking about a method being called multiple times with different param data with a method that has a single signature?

An good example would be if i have multiple tenants which access the same webservice (WCF) to get data on the load of a single application.

If you are talking about if the service can be called multiple time with each user using the same client application calling the same methods in a concurrent situation, then each user is in there own isolated instance of using the WCF service. I guess that's what you are talking about.

This data is a comparatively huge data.

WCF client and service have default sittings on how much data can be transmitted, which is adjustable

My tenant is a Silverlight app
    and and the tenant nos will range from 3 to 10 at a time.

I don't know what you mean.

Friday, March 8, 2013 3:33 PM