Can't activate EW4 after hard disk crash RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a key to register EW 4 and then I activated it.  What followed a month or so later was a hard disk crash which corrupted windows xp and I had to start over on a new drive.  Due to some confusion I tried to install EW 4 and register maybe twice.  Now I've pretty much got it all straightened with Win 7 and most things reloaded.  I tried to register EW4 and that was OK.  I tried to activate it today so I could use SuperPreview.  It told me I'm using more instances than the license allows.

Presently I have 0 copies of the software in use.  No idea how many times they think I installed it.  I called the number to activate it and was finally passed to someone in Professional Support.  For a charge of $250 he could get it fixed.  That was likely the first time I raised my voice at a customer service rep.  (I was at least loudly polite.)

Now I can go back to EW1 or repurchase EW4.  If anyone here has a similar experience where I can use my software, I'd love to hear about it.  If not, then be very careful about what you do if you have a disk crash and have to rebuild your hard drive.

• Edited by AlJ1 Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:10 PM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:17 PM

All replies

• Just curious:  What is "Super Pages"?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:28 PM
  • Sorry about that.  Should be SuperPreview.  I'll edit and change the original if I can.  Shouldn't have typed while irritated.
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:09 PM
  • Please email me at jamesche at microsoft dot com. I can get someone to help you. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, it will be a week before I can get back with you because I'll be out of the office.

Jim

Friday, July 30, 2010 4:01 AM
  • Thanks.  EMail sent earlier this morning.
    Friday, July 30, 2010 1:03 PM