none
urldownloadtofile-is-downloading-files-to-inetcache RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am using Urldownloadtofile to download files from a link using vba. The files are automatically downloading to c:\Users\38100442\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\KUQPK734 path instead of path D:\folder\ which I specified in the code. Please share your ideas to download files to D:\folder\

Regards, Albert

Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Albert,

I am glad your issue has been resolved, and I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Thanis,

I found your another thread and you used code below

URLDownloadToFile 0, pdf_path_URL, strDest & casID_val & "_" & pdf_filename, 0, 0

I would suggest you output [strDest & casID_val & "_" & pdf_filename] to check its value whether it is valid and expected file path.

What is the value for [strDest & casID_val & "_" & pdf_filename]?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Hi Tao,

I have made mistake at download URL link, I corrected it. The file is now downloading to

Exact path.

Regards

Albert

Monday, May 14, 2018 5:12 PM
  • Hi Albert,

I am glad your issue has been resolved, and I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:58 AM