none
Custom Language Function Definitions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I had a question regarding a feature that I could not find any documentation on in Visual Studio 2013. I have created a custom language to be used in certain situations and I have been working in vim. In vim there is a feature to create a "tags" file which would bring you to the definition of a function when you hold control and left-click. I was wondering if there is a similar functionality in Visual Studio 2013 Professional Edition, as I have started doing more source code in C++ and would like to be able to use the Visual Studio Text Editor for my custom language so I don't have to have multiple text editors open. I just need to know if anyone has done anything like this in VS2013 and if so, how they did it. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:05 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure exactly, but this sounds more of a task for the Visual Studio SDK.

The link that they give to the SDK itself is broken though. You will have to visualstudio.com, sign in with the same account as you did for these forums and use dev essentials. It is free. You can then search for Visual Studio 2013 SDK and find the package.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Friday, March 16, 2018 9:00 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:12 AM