none
Creating auto increment column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

I'm currently working on a project to automate a PO process using SharePoint 365, we've got two lists PO as the main list to input the order details

and Vendors that lists the supplier's details (e.g. Supplier Code, Address, Phone number).

One of the column needed is 'PO Number' which is automatically generated from Supplier's Code + Unique ID that increments based on the order sequence against that supplier.

I've successfully implemented this by using Calculated Column however the column ID doesn't count on how many times have we ordered through a particular Vendor (i.e. If I was to create 2 POs from supplier AB and XY, the PO numbers will come out as AB01 and XY02 instead of AB01 and XY01) - Is there's any workaround for this? 

Thanks

Harris

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi harriskr,

We can create a new number column named order count, then when user selected the count number it will append with the supplier code using formula.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:10 AM
  • To truly automate it you can refer the post below, I have answered a similar question here:

Grouped Auto Increment

Unfortunately, there is no simple implementation for this requirement. It will require some effort.

Else you can use the solution provided by Jerry.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCPD, MCT Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi harriskr,

We can create a new number column named order count, then when user selected the count number it will append with the supplier code using formula.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:10 AM
  • To truly automate it you can refer the post below, I have answered a similar question here:

Grouped Auto Increment

Unfortunately, there is no simple implementation for this requirement. It will require some effort.

Else you can use the solution provided by Jerry.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCPD, MCT Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:40 AM