none
Getting security error while running Windows Service with a non-administrative windows account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run a windows service with a windows account. Please note that it does not have administrative privileges on the Windows 2003 server where I have installed this service.

When I run the service, I am getting the following error :

EventType clr20r3, P1 <>.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4829dbec, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461eee3d, P7 e3, P8 10, P9 system.security.security, P10 NIL

However, if I install and run the same service on my local workstation with the same service account (which does not have admin right on my desktop either) it runs fine. My desktop has Windows XP.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Ravi

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:27 PM

Answers

• ravi bhagat,

Based on your post, the error message "EventType clr20r3 ..." is too common to catch the mistake in your windows service running in Windows Server 2003. Generally speaking, clr20r3 is just a event message showing that there is an unhandled exception in your application. This is the application's developer's responsibility to deal with this exception. CLR logged the exception in order to inform you.

To deal with this issue, you have to check your source code and handle the exception. As far as I've known, this is the only way.

There is a similar problem in Elton's Ark's blog but in a Windows Form application on Windows Server 2003 in the link below. You could also read the comments follow with this article. The problem is very common but in different situation.

http://blogs.msdn.com/elton/archive/2006/03/06/545090.aspx

In addition, by searching in the MSDN forums with the EventType clr20r3 keyword, there are many threads with this error message. I would like to provide you the closest thread as follows, the answer by TaylorMichaelL is quite valuable in solving the OP's question:

NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting, Event ID: 5000, EventType clr20r3, P1 msadapter.exe, P2 5.0.0.0, P3 4648d13f, P4 mscorlib, P5 2

Hope that can proivde you some idea.

Friday, May 16, 2008 5:18 AM