preprocessor definition _VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I noticed that this definition is applied to projects upgraded from VC7.1, but there seems not to be any reference to it on MSDN2.

So can anyone tell me what exactly it does? I.e. does it also alter any compiler defaults? I also searched the source files in the VC install dir, and the only reference there is in VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h. So Im interested it it has any effect other than in that source file.

Thanks.
    Saturday, December 3, 2005 3:16 PM

Answers

• If you look in \VC\VCProjectDefaults\UpgradeFrom*.vsprops you will find it there as well. It's not listed in any of the compiler binaries and its only use is related to a manifest ID so it seems to be related to project defaults when upgrading solution/project files.

Its kind of handy though if you need to maintain 2003/2005 solution files. I've been using it to wrap the inclusion of manifest files in my own resource scripts.

- Jeremy

Saturday, December 3, 2005 8:07 PM

All replies

• If you look in \VC\VCProjectDefaults\UpgradeFrom*.vsprops you will find it there as well. It's not listed in any of the compiler binaries and its only use is related to a manifest ID so it seems to be related to project defaults when upgrading solution/project files.

Its kind of handy though if you need to maintain 2003/2005 solution files. I've been using it to wrap the inclusion of manifest files in my own resource scripts.

- Jeremy

Saturday, December 3, 2005 8:07 PM
  • Indeed, actually I was investigating what that UpgradeFrom71.vsprops propety sheet actually did when I found this :)

In any case I agree it does not seem to actually be used anywhere else (the only other reference to it I found was in VCProjectConversion.dll), which is good as I can remove it without any undesired effects.
    Saturday, December 3, 2005 9:36 PM