none
Hash values for downloadable content RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a central place where I can look up hash (sha-1, md5, crc, etc.) values for content available to download from MSDN?

To be more specific, I'm a student at a university and I was granted access to MSDN-AA through the e-Academy site.  However, e-Academy does not provide hash values on the download pages.  Since I'm not an MSDN subscriber, I cannot access the normal MSDN download pages to find out the hashes.

It would be extremely useful if Microsoft posted an online search tool to retrieve the hash of content.  For example:  Enter the image filename, the file size and the site would respond with Product Name and hash(es).  It would be even more useful is such a search tool was open for the public to search without requiring an account.

However, I'll settle for a static page listing all the filenames, file sizes and hash(es).

Thank you,

Hector

Saturday, January 22, 2011 9:05 AM

Answers

• Ok, so I found my own answer:

If you have an account valid to post in these forums, then you should be able to go to this URL:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/cc137115.aspx

and search by Product name to locate the filename, file size, hash(es) and other related file information.

It is not as convenient as it could be since the search field can't search by filename, so you HAVE to remember what product "X12-34293.iso" belongs to.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 9:25 AM