none
Shared VHDX with two (or more) Win2019 RDS RRS feed

• Question

• Cheers guys,

our environmental growth requested a second RDS based on Windows Server 2019. So i chose FSLogix to handle the profiles. The configuration looks as following:

-Path to VHDX Profiles is an DFS Share \\Company.Local\ProfileContainer\

-FSLogix is installed on both RDS (RDS01 and RDS02)

-RDS01 is the primary login server at the moment, RDS02 is active and running but Login is permitted

-All necessary settings are implemented with a group policy operate on the OU where RDS01 and RDS02 included

My first step was to migrate all the local Profiles on RDS01 to VHDX. This step is already done and works. All the employees logon on RDS01 working with VHDX on \\Company.Local\ProfileContainer\

As soon as i allow logon on RDS02, FSLogix is overwriting the existing VHDX in the DFS Share for the user (with all their settings) and creates a blank/new one.

I also see that the FXTray Application on RDS01 is logging every event, even the logon attempt on RDS02. But the FXTray on RDS02 is not logging whats happening on RDS01. It seems to me, that RDS02 does think it is the only one. 

Here you can find a screenshot from the FXTray and what happened exactly:

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200630/h6uvluka.jpg

//NOTE: Forum doesn't allow me to post an image. But the account is verified?

Has anyone an idea how to solve the issue? In my understanding it shouldn't matter which server is opening the VHDX-File. If everything is set properly it should open the existing file from the share. By the way, i checked the Registry settings. Seems good to me on both RDS Hosts.

best regards

CLU

• Edited by CLU91 Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:08 AM