none
Biztalk Tracking SQL server Agent jobs RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear All,

We are actually looking of processed messages in biztalk production environment that over from last one month, so looking of exact SQL server agent job which purges or deletes them. 

Can some body help me.

Thanks.

• Edited by Kumar502CS Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:54 AM
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:53 AM

All replies

• Dear All,

We are actually looking of processed messages in biztalk production environment that over from last one month, so looking of exact SQL server agent job which purges or deletes them. 

Can some body help me.

Thanks.

Can some one help on this?pls

Sunday, November 8, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

First of all please check the properties of job DTA Purge and Archive (BizTalkDTADb), Is exec dtasp_BackupAndPurgeTrackingDatabase or exec dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase,

The exec dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase stored procedure does not archive the BizTalk Tracking (BizTalkDTADb) database.

Please refer below MSDN article for more reference,

Archiving and Purging the BizTalk Tracking Database

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Thanks for the Reply.

So It is the only one job which keeps data about tracked service instances for all interfaces or is there any other SQL agent jobs? please clarify.

Regards,

Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:09 PM
  • There are three important SQL Server Agent jobs in BizTalk Server, which moves the tracked data from MsgBox db to BizTalkDTADb. And then as per configured properties it purge the tracking data.

TrackedMessages_Copy_BizTalkMsgBoxDb

Copies the message bodies of tracked messages from the BizTalkMsgBoxDb database to the Tracking (BizTalkDTADb) database.

DTA Purge and Archive

Automates the archiving of tracked messages and the purging of the BizTalk Tracking database to maintain a healthy system and to keep the tracking data archived for future use. 

TrackingSpool_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb

Purges inactive tracking spool tables to free database space.

Please read below Microsoft Article for reference,

Description of the SQL Server Agent jobs in BizTalk Server

Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Dear All,

Can some body help me.

Thanks.

Hi Kumar,

Welcome on MSDN forum.

I would suggest please change the thread type to question from General discussion. That will help you to provide a best solution from our MSDN forum experts.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Dear Kumar,

Please check out the following links, which will give the idea of the SQL server Agent jobs in BizTalk server

BizTalk SQL agent jobs

SQL Server Agent jobs in BizTalk Server

If this answers your question please Mark as Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:51 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

Please have a look at the below artcile

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/919776

JB

Sunday, November 8, 2015 8:03 PM
  • If you want to report on trends (processed messages and other message related data) then it would make sense for you to incorporate BAM into your processing.

Looking at Message Tracking (DTA) and other BizTalk Message Archiving may not be a good idea for the simple reason that the large size of the various databases DTA, Archive, etc. has been shown to have a detrimental effect on the performance.

BAM on the other hand is a data warehousing application and permits you to create business models with a view to slice and dice information aggregated across multiple dimensions and years without affecting the performance of the processing engine.

So while for the time being you may be able to delay the archiving of messages to enable you to query the DTA and get your reporting fulfilled in case the duration starts extending beyond 3 months and increased data volumes the data base sizes would increase beyond the recommended and manageable growth limits.

Regards.

Monday, November 9, 2015 10:09 AM