How do I set to run on external console by default? RRS feed

• Question

• User323905 posted

I have a few questions about basic usage of Xamarin Studio. I'm a beginner on Windows 7/x64, Xamarin version 6.3 (build 863)

1. If I open xamarin studio and load a .cs file, the run button will be grayed out. Is it supposed to be like this? It's meant to be a Console Solution

2. If I load the Console Project template (the one with Hello World), the run button is now available, but simply clicking on it won't work. What I would do earlier is use the left vertical bar to set the project to run externally on cmd. But the bar is gone. (I can set it on the upper menu, but that will only work for one run). How do I set to always run externally? I've looked at the options a few times already.

3. If I have two tabs open, I cannot control with one will run when I press Run. It's probably related to 1.

I know the software isn't clunky, but my experience has been very clunky and I wish I could understand it better.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:38 AM

All replies

• User131278 posted

Xamarin Studio has been rebranded as Visual Studio for Mac. We encourage Windows developers to move to Visual Studio.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:34 PM