none
I don’t see any data in an Access Query in VWD 2008 RRS feed

• Question

•  

In Design View, I have added an AccessDataSource and a GridView.  In the AccessDataSource I clicked Configure Data Source, and Browse, couldn’t see my DB (this may be the problem), so I copied/pasted the path into the space where you are supposed to enter the relative path.  The path looks like this:

c:\Documents and Settings\shuerya\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\WebSite2\App_Data\RMBS RECONCILIATION.mdb

I click Next, and choose the Access Query that I want to see.  I click Next, and Test Query and I seen absolutely nothing!  Predictably, when I load the web page, I see nothing! 

If I go back to the place where I can choose a database, I see c:\...WebSite2\App_Data

There is no .mdb in here.  However, as I described above, I can choose the Query by the other means, but again, I can’t see any data in the query, and there is certainly data there.

I’ve used VWD a bit in the past, but haven’t touched it in about 9-months or so, and I have surely forgotten some things about this technology, but as I remember, it was never hard to do simple and intermediate things in VWD (I’d consider this a very simple task).

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks everyone!!

Friday, May 6, 2011 8:49 PM