MaskedTextBox for Silverlight 5 RRS feed

• Question

• I need a MaskedTextBox for Silverlight 5, I found one (it is present in the Expression Blend Gallery also) but I can't get to use it with Expression Preview for Silverlight 5.

I follow the instructions of the control, found at:

http://www.codingmonk.com/archive/2009/08/14/the-textboxeditmask-behavior.aspx

I first reference the dll, then it should be present in the behaviors tab but it isn't.

Isn't there another MaskedTxtBox for Silverlight 5 or is there something that I'm not doing right with this?

Believe you can do it, and you will!!

Monday, September 17, 2012 6:42 PM

Answers

• Hello Rafsots.

It probably is not working because it was built for I believe, Silverlight 3.

However, he does provide the coding for the behavior so you could easily use it to create your own.

~Chrisinte

My Gallery

• Marked as answer by RalphDev Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:00 PM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Rafsots.

It probably is not working because it was built for I believe, Silverlight 3.

However, he does provide the coding for the behavior so you could easily use it to create your own.

~Chrisinte

My Gallery

• Marked as answer by RalphDev Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:00 PM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 9:56 PM
  • Hi Christine:

Thank you for answering.

I changed the silverlight version for the code TextBoxEditMask (SL5) and I rebuilt the project, then I deleted the previous reference to the dll and added the new one, and I still don't see the behavior.

Here's the article of the creators of the MaskedTextBox:

http://www.codingmonk.com/archive/2009/08/14/the-textboxeditmask-behavior.aspx

Perhaps you could see what the problem is...

My best regards,

Rafael

• Edited by RalphDev Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:40 AM Added an image
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:35 AM
  • Are you able to reference the behaviors in code-behind using your recompiled Silverlight 5 DLL? You should be able to access them in your C# code inside Visual Studio. If you can't, then I would say the problem is with the DLL, not with Blend. If you can, please let us know and we'll try to figure out why Blend can't find the objects.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Hi Brian:

Thank you for answering.

The problem was in building the code for the dll again. I was using the wrong version (Release vs Debug)

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:02 PM