none
Visual Studio 2015 Schema Compare returns no differences when compared to SQL Azure

Question

• Hello,

I have been a happy user of Visual Studio Schema Compare to compare my local db project to my SQL Azure implementation. It worked like a charm in Visual Studio 2013, until I upgraded to 2015... then anytime I do a compare, it would return no results and just show: Comparison complete. No differences detected.

I'm not sure what happened with VS 2015. I searched everywhere and I can't find a solution. Please help.

Thank you,

Seever Sulaiman

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Seever Sulaiman,

Do you install the VS2015 update 2?

Not the real SQL Azure implementation experts, but if you use the local database like the LOCALDB in the VS, and then compare the database project with a simple localdb table, how about the result?

Maybe you could compare the Schema Compare Options between the VS2015 and VS2013 like the following screen shot, maybe you could find the differences.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:54 AM