Adding Service reference RRS feed

• Question

• User1801805778 posted

Hi Professionals,

I am unable add service reference to the client application.Let me know any configuraion required to add reference in iis. please guide me in step by step adding service reference with small example

Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:12 AM

Answers

• User220959680 posted

unable add service reference to the client application

If it is the SOAP based service, then below is the process to add service reference to the project. 

To add a reference to a service in the current solution

1. In Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the project that you want to add the service to, and then click Add Service Reference.

The Add Service Reference dialog box appears.

2. Click Discover.

All WCF services in the current solution are added to the Service list.

3. In the Service list, expand the node for the service that you want to use and select a service contract.

4. In the Namespace box, enter the namespace that you want to use for the reference.

5. Click OK to add the reference to the project.

6. A service client (proxy) is generated, and metadata describing the service is added to the app.config file.

Please elaborate 'unable to add service reference'?

Let me know any configuraion required to add reference in iis.

NO. 

When the service reference is added to the project visual studio creates proxy class to interact with the service. Note that the service url on IIS is different to your local instance, which is run using Visual Studio IIS express.

#Refer video tutorials

http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Endpoint/Endpoint-Screencasts-Creating-Your-First-WCF-Client/

http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Endpoint/Endpoint-Screencasts-Hosting-WCF-Services-in-IIS/

Let me knwo further issues.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 2:36 PM