Asp.net menu not working when accessing website through mobile RRS feed

• Question

• User184079159 posted

I'm using Asp.net menu in my website which is working fine with Chrome & IE browser in desktop but the same is not working when accessing the site through Android mobile browser(chrome). I've used CSS menu hover property for menu selection. Can anyone tell me what is the issue & how to resolve it.

Any advice or any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:21 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi VinitaJain,

I'm using Asp.net menu in my website which is working fine with Chrome & IE browser in desktop but the same is not working when accessing the site through Android mobile browser(chrome). I've used CSS menu hover property for menu selection. Can anyone tell me what is the issue & how to resolve it.

In this link, you can find the :hover pseudo-class compatibility on mobile is unknown.

If possible, you can implement same/similar displaying effect via tap event.

With Regards, 

Fei Han

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:15 AM
  • User184079159 posted
    Hi Fei Han,

Thanks for your response.
    I could see it's working fine in safari(ios) but not working in android mobile browser.
    I'm not using jquery in my application in current scenario. Is it possible to resolve this issue through any other option in css?
    Please suggest.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:12 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi VinitaJain,

If you are not using jQuery in your application, you can try use JavaScript to implement it.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:34 AM
  • User184079159 posted
    Hi Fei Han,
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Could you please guide me to implement it through JavaScript.
    It will be helpful if you can also tell me whether it's possible to use "click" instead of "hover" in asp.net dynamic menu control.
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:37 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

the menu should be made of <a>'s. the hover should be applied to the <a>, which module browsers support.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:22 PM
  • User184079159 posted
    Hi bruce,

Could you please help me with an example of asp.net dynamic menu with <a>
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:03 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

google is your friend. simple article

https://medialoot.com/blog/how-to-create-a-responsive-navigation-menu-using-only-css/

Friday, December 14, 2018 8:30 PM
  • User184079159 posted
    Hi bruce,

Thanks for sharing the link.
    I need help to override inbuilt hover property of dynamic menu and make it clickable.
    Sunday, December 16, 2018 12:49 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

sorry, I haven't used webforms since MVC can out 8 years ago and have no sample apps.

the best you can do is review the html it generates, and be sure your :hover CSS is on the <a>, not a <li>. if for some reason asp menu does not use <a>'s for the links, then you will need a new menu control to be mobile compatible. asp most CSS menus are trivial to render, I'd skip the control.

Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:48 PM