Mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Q:

15 days back Mirroring configured... after 5 days 50 users crated . when fail over done to Mirror server.. these 50 users are not connecting to the mirror server .

what is the reason ..

Thanks in Advance .

Vijay

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:03 PM

Answers

• I think you have only created the users in Principla, not in Mirror server. You need to create users in Mirror also, otherwise you will not be able to connect to mirror with those users. 

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by vijay_1234 Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Q:

15 days back Mirroring configured... after 5 days 50 users crated . when fail over done to Mirror server.. these 50 users are not connecting to the mirror server .

what is the reason ..

Thanks in Advance .

Vijay

Hello,

Vijay basic principal of mirroring is that it transfers transaction logs .For any user which are created on Principal you have to maually create them on Mirror after disaster occurs as mirror is always in restoring so immediately you cannot create.

Best is good to be ready with script for user creation ,when mirror becomes  online after failover run it in SSMS and users will be created immediately .Also remember to map them with logins

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

• Edited by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

you have to create users in mirror server also otherwise we couldn't able to connect with those users in mirror server besides that it will leads to occur orphaned users also.hence we have to create users in mirror server and check once whether these users properly created or not? otherwise developers come to say am can't able to connect with mirror server.so to avoid these problems we have to check once after creating users in mirror server.

i  hope this will helpful to you ......!!

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful

• Marked as answer by vijay_1234 Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:14 AM

All replies

• I think you have only created the users in Principla, not in Mirror server. You need to create users in Mirror also, otherwise you will not be able to connect to mirror with those users. 

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Q:

what is the reason ..

Thanks in Advance .

Vijay

Hello,

Vijay basic principal of mirroring is that it transfers transaction logs .For any user which are created on Principal you have to maually create them on Mirror after disaster occurs as mirror is always in restoring so immediately you cannot create.

Best is good to be ready with script for user creation ,when mirror becomes  online after failover run it in SSMS and users will be created immediately .Also remember to map them with logins

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

• Edited by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Thank you Shanky
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Thank you Latheesh.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

you have to create users in mirror server also otherwise we couldn't able to connect with those users in mirror server besides that it will leads to occur orphaned users also.hence we have to create users in mirror server and check once whether these users properly created or not? otherwise developers come to say am can't able to connect with mirror server.so to avoid these problems we have to check once after creating users in mirror server.

i  hope this will helpful to you ......!!

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful

• Marked as answer by vijay_1234 Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:14 AM