none
Access Denied Error for User with Full control,Contribute Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am getting Acces Denied Error for Users with Full Control,Contribute Permissions. But it is Accessible by the users with Full Control.

I double checked all master and application pages, they are not in Checked Out Mode, Also again i published and approved

I can bypass this error by adding user into user policy with full control in CA (Central Administration ---> Application Management ---> Manage web applications ---> Select web applications --->User Policy ---> Add user)

Contribute Level permission policy is Default one

Please help to sort out this issue

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

>Users with Full Control,Contribute Permissions.

I am thinking about your issue but my question is, if you are giving full control permission then why you are adding contributor rights? If user is having full control then no need to give contributor because that user will have all right within site.

Hope i make sense

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Yes Nice question if we add Full control and Contibute means it will take...its full control only....

I removed full control and i tested only with Contribute...Still have Problem

I removed Contribute and i tested only with full control ...Still have Problem

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:47 AM
  • Please note full control permission added in central  Administration
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Login with admin account  in your site and add that user as site collection administrator or you can also add that user in owner group.

Now let us know your result

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:44 AM
  • If i login with admin account everything is works fine,... Also I add users into owner group through Admin account only
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:49 AM
  • HI,

I think something is messed up with your web application so can you tell us that 

1. Is there any Claim enable for your web application?

2. Have migrated your site?

3. Have you checked SPLog file or event viewer for any log?

You should also look into below blog to user superaccount for cache:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/andrasg/archive/2010/09/30/setting-the-super-user-account-on-sharepoint-2010-and-getting-access-denied-errors-afterwards.aspx

http://www.chaitumadala.com/2011/05/access-denied-for-users-that-have-full.html

Let us know your result

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:53 AM