none
Formatting in Tables: Border Styles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am creating an app using Excel 2013 with a Table format being created by the app by selection. The table is formatted by a general "style" for the whole table as

"TableStyleMedium16"

Then individual rows and columns have variations to this applied:

When trying to apply 'borderTopStyle"  "thin" or "medium" all I can get is a "dotted thin" response. The "borderBottomStyle" "double" setting seems to work fine.

Any ideas? or is this a little bug?

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The styles works for "borderTopStyle" and "borderBottomStyle" are "none" | <All predefined border style names>.

Here are Predefined border style names:

"dash dot", "dash dot dot", "dashed", "dotted", "double", "hair", "medium dash dot", "medium dash dot dot", "medium dashed", "medium", "slant dash dot", "thick", "thin"

There is no "Dotted Thin" style in the Predefined border style names. And as far as I tested it works well for me. You can check whether the code works by right clicking the cell:

You can get more detail about data fromating form link below:
    How to: Format tables in apps for Excel

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:45 AM