"Sys is Undefine" In IE RRS feed

• Question

• My site is in asp.net C#. I am getting an error "Sys is undefined" on IE 8. Site is working fine in IE 9.

I need development team assistance in the regards. It is urgent because site is in "Pre- Production"

Regards,

Kapil Chourasia

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

these are public peer to peer support forums... we do not work for nor represent ms...

to raise an issue ticket for a MS Support engineer, go to support.microsoft.com (your MSDN subscriptions entitles you to a number of free incident reports)...

otherwise

this forum Subject line is

for questions about html, css and scripting for website developers....

please include a link to your website when asking a question in this forum...

to debug your web pages in IE8 and higher....

f12(Developer tool)>Scripting tab>Click "Start Debugging"

To debug in VS, press f5 (start debugging) and before that check that your project settings for debugging are set to break on error.

Rob^_^

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

these are public peer to peer support forums... we do not work for nor represent ms...

to raise an issue ticket for a MS Support engineer, go to support.microsoft.com (your MSDN subscriptions entitles you to a number of free incident reports)...

otherwise

this forum Subject line is

for questions about html, css and scripting for website developers....

please include a link to your website when asking a question in this forum...

to debug your web pages in IE8 and higher....

f12(Developer tool)>Scripting tab>Click "Start Debugging"

To debug in VS, press f5 (start debugging) and before that check that your project settings for debugging are set to break on error.

Rob^_^

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:04 AM
  • I am getting an error "Sys is undefined" on IE 8. Site is working fine in IE 9.

Sounds like a problem with a variable in a script?  Use the script debugger.  Set a breakpoint there in both cases and compare the difference.  Then you will probably have to work backwards from there to figure out why, e.g. more breakpoints, set for both cases if necessary.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:22 PM