none
New Virus RRS feed

• Question

• How do I report A Virus? My daughter uses Internet Explorer and while she was talking to a friend on Myspace she was attacked by this Virus. System Restore, Task Manager, and all other virus protections have been disabled. She gets pop-ups that say she has been attacked by an unknown virus and she needs to go to their site and buy their Virus Remover. The pop-ups stay in front of everything and when we manage to get on the net we are redirected to their site in order to purchase their Virus Remover. When you go into Safe Mode the key board is disabled so you can't scan for any virus infections. The site is;
    http://av-guru.net/purchase?r=57.9
    Have any of you run into this? and how do get rid of it?. But more important how do you report this site? so no one else is caught up in it.    
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 7:56 PM

All replies

• I too had this virus yesterday. I got rid of it just now on my Windows XP computer. On another computer i downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware. Saved the program to a USB, ran it on my infected computer. As soon as i start the computer the virus kicks in after about a minute and disables all of my programs and my internet connection, so as soon as i get on the desktop i installed the program and updated it. After running a full system scan it removed the virus but i was still unable to connect to the internet. On my other computer i downloaded Winsock fix xp and ran it on my computer too. After that, I went on my internet explorer program under Tools>Internet Options> Advanced> Reset. After that everything was back to normal.

Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:41 PM