none
Hash WC

Question

• I want to develop apps for myself on a PC & Nokia phone. After much trouble I upgraded to Win 10 on my PC, then downloaded Visual Studio 2015. Now I want to download the Win Phone SDK but keep getting an error message telling me to look at the log. The log seems to tell me that it can't find .Net Framework 4.5.3. I can't find it on any of the Microsoft download sites. What do I do? 
    Monday, March 28, 2016 11:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Hash WC,

Which version of Visual Studio 2015 are you using?

Please check whether you have installed all Windows Phone development tools for your Visual Studio which is shown as below.

>>Now I want to download the Win Phone SDK but keep getting an error message telling me to look at the log. The log seems to tell me that it can't find .Net Framework 4.5.3.

Where do you get the Windows Phone SDK? Do you get the error message when installing or downloading? And which version of Windows Phone SDK you download?

Please download the Windows Phone SDK corresponding with Windows version. Since your Windows is version 10, please download the corresponding SDK with the table list in below link.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/sdk-archive

As far as I know, in Visual Studio, there doesn't have .NET Framework 4.5.3, the highest version is 4.5.2. Please share the detailed error message here to help us find out some valuable information.

Then please check whether you have installed the Update 1 for your Visual Studio and then make sure your Windows 10 has installed all updates.

In addition, please try run the Windows Phone SDK installer as administrator to make sure it has enough permissions.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:33 AM