how do I clone a report? RRS feed

• Question

• how do I clone a report I built in Report Builder?  I can't find any of the .rdl files?!  I have reports created on SSRS that I can clone but not the reports from Report Builder 3.

THX!

Jerry

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

I think you have connected Report Builder to your Report Server. In this fashion, the .rdl file is saved to the server.

You could click the file -> "save as" to save the .rdl file in local folder.

Or, you could open your Report Manager within browser, and download the already saved report on server.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by jkennedy318 Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

I think you have connected Report Builder to your Report Server. In this fashion, the .rdl file is saved to the server.

You could click the file -> "save as" to save the .rdl file in local folder.

Or, you could open your Report Manager within browser, and download the already saved report on server.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by jkennedy318 Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:16 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:36 AM
  • Ha! duh, that was so simple ;) Thx for the help!
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:19 PM