none
Animation Warning? RRS feed

• Question

• I was running the 'ControlBasics-WPF' toolbox sample from within VS2013, and I noticed the following show up in the Output window whenever I 'press' a Kinect button.

System.Windows.Media.Animation Warning: 6 : Unable to perform action because the specified Storyboard was never applied to this object for interactive control.; Action='Remove'; Storyboard='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; Storyboard.HashCode='43600526'; Storyboard.Type='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; TargetElement='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; TargetElement.HashCode='43600526'; TargetElement.Type='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'

I assume since its just a warning, that its not a big issue - but Im curious if there is an issue in the code.  It seems to occur in the KinectCursor.cs in the OnIsPressedChanged().

private void OnIsPressedChanged()
            {
                if (this.pressStoryboard != null)
                {
                    if (this.IsPressed)
                    {
                        this.pressStoryboard.Remove();
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        this.RestartPressStoryboard();
                    }
                }

this.EnsureVisualState();
            }

I'm still pretty green on the storyboard animation stuff, but thought I'd post it out here and see if its something worth worrying about (or if the Toolkit.Controls needed to be updated)

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:27 PM

All replies

• In the process of upgrading the project did you miss something or did something get moved? Since the projects themselves are VS2010, I am not seeing that issue. It could be something in the project configuration that changes where the WPF/.Net resources are not getting referenced correctly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742868(v=vs.110).aspx

You can debug the code and see when that property is trying to be set and determine what values are trying to be set and sure they are valid.

In the UI are you noticing the animations are comparable to the pre-compiled version?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, March 21, 2014 6:57 PM
  • Thanks Carmine - I don't recall having any errors or warnings when I opened the projects in VS2013.  I also get the same issue in my own app when I reference the pre-compiled versions from the \Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\Developer Toolkit v1.8.0\Assemblies\ folder.

I only have 2013 here at work, I'll have to play with it some at home where I have VS2010 and 2013 and see if I can see any difference. (I never noticed getting those warnings at home in VS2010, but not sure if I ever tried in VS2013)

Not a high priority since everything seems to work and I have bigger things to get working.  I was mostly curious if others were also seeing the same thing.

Friday, March 21, 2014 7:28 PM