none
The Subreport 'Subreport1' could not be found at the specified location when DeepSea obfuscator is turned on RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a VB 2010 application that I have changed to use Report Viewer instead of Crystal Reports. I have two subreports. This gives me a custom three page report. Everything works as it should, including viewing and printing the three page report. This is true in debug and after it is installed using a setup Project.

However, I use DeepSea Obfuscator and when I select YES in the project properties to obfuscate the assembly, the application runs but I don't see the 2nd and 3rd pages of the three page report viewer report. I get the first page but when I click the arrow to see the second page, I get an error massage the says "The Subreport 'Subreport1' could not be found at the specified location Report1pg2. Please verify that the subreport has been published and that the name is correct."  

The names of the subreports are Report1pg2.rdlc and Report1pg3.rdlc. When I added the subreports to the main report, I used the subreport names without the rdlc extension, which works without DeepSea Obfuscation but not with it.

Can you tell me why I am getting this error in Report Viewer?

Thank you,

Dan

Dan

Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:04 PM