none
BCD after imagex RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble configuring the BCD after deploying an image using imagex.  I have a reference manual which describes the various BCDedit commands but I'm not sure if I'm calling the correct commands.  I've gotten past the "BOOTMGR not found" error but now I'm getting a BSOD when Windows attempts to boot.  These are the commands that I enter after deploying the image using imagex:

x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} device partition=c:
    x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=c:
    x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=c:

Can someone point me to a tutorial that will show me how to configure the BCD?  My configuration is a single hard disk with 2 partitions (C: and D:).  The C: drive contains the Windows installations

Thanks!

Friday, July 16, 2010 4:15 PM

Answers

• I assume you are running these commands from within WinPE ? Did you verify the drive marked as C: by WinPE contains the Windows image ? The commands appear to be correct otherwise.

Btw, you won't have these problems if you sysprep the image before you use imagex.

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by beemr007 Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:53 PM
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:11 AM

All replies

• I assume you are running these commands from within WinPE ? Did you verify the drive marked as C: by WinPE contains the Windows image ? The commands appear to be correct otherwise.

Btw, you won't have these problems if you sysprep the image before you use imagex.

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by beemr007 Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:53 PM
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:11 AM
  • /set {default} device boot
    /set {bootmgr} device boot

may this is worth a try?! (commands i'm using)

Friday, July 30, 2010 12:58 AM