Error message CorGetSvc could not be located in mscoree.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I just used a product called PC Relocator to move applications from my old laptop to my new one.  After relocation, upon start of Visual Studio 2005 I received the following messages:

1) NGEN.exe -- Entry point could not be found: "The procedure entry point CorGetSvc could not be located in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll"

2) Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: "Programs: C:\Documents a...    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."

3) Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger: "An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in setup.exe[1124]. Just-in-time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has just-in-time debugging enabled...."

I'm not sure how to fix this.  I googled the error message and found information stating that I should re-install .Net 1.1 which I tried to do -- but received more (different) error messages.  At this point I am unable to reinstall AND unable to uninstall the product in order to start over from the source media.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  The product ran flawlessly on the previous laptop.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hi there,,

I had exactly the same problem after transferring it from my old desktop to my laptop.  I eventually found out that if you go to add/remove programs and repair Microsoft Net 2.0 it starts working again.  I found this out after some desperate hours!!!  Hope this helps.

Claire.

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi there,,

I had exactly the same problem after transferring it from my old desktop to my laptop.  I eventually found out that if you go to add/remove programs and repair Microsoft Net 2.0 it starts working again.  I found this out after some desperate hours!!!  Hope this helps.

Claire.

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:57 PM
  • Thanks for posting this solution, you probably saved me a bunch of time.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2006 6:52 PM
  • Hi!  I am so glad that you posted this fix as well.  I just know you are helping thousands of people. 

I had this problem after Re-installing Windows Media and it worked like a charm!  Someone needs to tip off the Tech Support Department at Hewlett Packard because apparently they don't know about it.  I spent an hour on the phone with them cleaning my disks, attempting to do System restore, downloading a Spyware killer, you name it!  None of them worked.  I was so frustrated that I almost went out and bought a new laptop, but that is when I found your wonderful solution and all is well again.  

Thank you so much!  Your brilliance is paying off by helping others.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 2:46 AM
  • I have seen  this error also. But, how did you do the repair? In the Control Panels/Add-Remove  area the .NET 1.0. 1.1, 1.1(Hotfix) and 2.0 versions are indicated but with zero storage associated. They are not prsent on the computer. Yet I cannot install them!  I need some ideas.
    • Proposed as answer by datta forum Monday, January 25, 2010 10:31 AM
    Friday, November 24, 2006 6:42 AM
  • When I clicked on remove program (in controlpanel/addremoveprogram) I was given a repair option (didn't solve my particular dilemma mind you!)

Friday, April 27, 2007 10:36 PM