xaml to image(.gif, .jpg,...) RRS feed

• Question

• How can I transform an xaml code to an image(.gif, .jpg) using visual studio? Thanks, Oscar
    Monday, June 29, 2009 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Oscar,

In Silverlight 2, there is no such API or function has been exposed.  We need to use WCF to send the xaml file back to sever and then use WPF to do the transformation.  However, this will be changed on Silverlight 3.  It provides WriteableBitmap class to render all or part of the visual tree to a bitmap.  For more, please reference to this.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, July 6, 2009 4:49 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you want to change xaml into an image?  Or, move the image across the screen?  Or, include an image in your visual studio project?

If you search for image in the search bar there are quite a few suggestions for various problems - except the first one.

Monday, June 29, 2009 5:45 PM
  • I think you will be able to that using Microsoft Expression Design.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:20 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

In Silverlight 2, there is no such API or function has been exposed.  We need to use WCF to send the xaml file back to sever and then use WPF to do the transformation.  However, this will be changed on Silverlight 3.  It provides WriteableBitmap class to render all or part of the visual tree to a bitmap.  For more, please reference to this.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, July 6, 2009 4:49 AM