Changing SQL Server Version after creating New project in SSMA for Oracle tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, When we create New project , we need to select to what version of SQL server we want to migrate to. Suppose I select the Migrate To: SQL Server 2014 version and hit Ok. but later on you want to change the Migrate To : SQL Server 2016 , is there any option in same project ? or do I need to create new project only?

Thanks -NK

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Nkhurmi,

>>Suppose I select the Migrate To: SQL Server 2014 version and hit Ok. but later on you want to change the Migrate To : SQL Server 2016 , is there any option in same project ? or do I need to create new project only?

Based on my test, when you choose to migrate to sql server2014, but connect to sql server2016. SSMA  will give you a warning as shown below:

I did not find an option to modify the sql server version. I recommend you to create new project.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by NKhurmi Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:06 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Nkhurmi,

>>Suppose I select the Migrate To: SQL Server 2014 version and hit Ok. but later on you want to change the Migrate To : SQL Server 2016 , is there any option in same project ? or do I need to create new project only?

Based on my test, when you choose to migrate to sql server2014, but connect to sql server2016. SSMA  will give you a warning as shown below:

I did not find an option to modify the sql server version. I recommend you to create new project.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by NKhurmi Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:06 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Thanks Dedmon for the response. I didn't find any option too.

Thanks -NK

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:07 PM
  • Hi,

There is no way to change project target version/platform after it was created. Depending on the target version, SSMA may apply different transformations during schema conversions and project settings are slightly different.

Regards,
    Alex.

Monday, April 22, 2019 9:52 PM